- I've had a bit of a rethink about a script after chums got to see the first third.
- Am pretty much there on the extended synopsis for something else (the only one of five pitches that they wanted to see more of), and now need to throw together sample prose.
- Got some wind in the sails of an on-spec thing which has stalled since last autumn
- Also come up with a wheeze for a completely new project which would involve a fair bit of researching, and be something of a departure from whatever else I've ever done.
- Have two shortish stories to write too, and a whopper of something else to pull together, but they're all rather dependent on other people sending me stuff so I can't really start work on 'em yet.
"That's absolutely wonderful. You go ahead!"Which is especially gratifying 'cos it's not my idea at all.
Also had some beer with someone last night who I spent years desperately trying to work for (and who, technically and a bit weirdly, I've since employed). Much discussion of the strange places writing can get you to. What dark, damaged recess of my mind, for example, could come up with old men having their feet cut off?
Probably best you don't answer.