Wednesday, November 08, 2017

The Essential Doctor Who - Time Travel

From my munificent masters at Doctor Who Magazine comes The Essential Doctor Who - Time Travel, available in shops and for download.

I've written five pieces for it:

ORIGINAL EVIL
How 1967 story The Evil of the Daleks might have been very different, as I pick over the original outline (published here for the first time) and speak to the woman originally cast as Victoria - all taken from my Black Archive book on The Evil of the Daleks.

THE AGONY OF PERPETUITY
Actor David Collings discusses how he utterly terrified me as a child as the alien Mawdryn in 1983 story Mawdryn Undead.

HOLMES ON HOLMES
Using archive interviews with the great Robert Holmes to explore 1985 story The Two Doctors - in his own words.

CREATING ANGELS
I journey to the church in Suffolk that inspired the Weeping Angels, first seen in 2007 story, Blink.

WE OUGHT TO BE DOING THINGS
When Doctor Who began it was impossible to alter the past - so what changed?

No comments: